Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Green Eyes"

I've started a new portrait last night. The title of my newest piece is "Green Eyes". This is going to be my first real attempt at a colored pencil portrait and my first drawing that will have a background.

The size is going to be 11 x 14 on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper. I'll be using Prismacolor Colored Pencils. I'm still working on the line drawing which I'll be posting an image of I hope tonight.

I'm a little intimated by colored pencils. I've dabbled with colored pencils before but always ended up going back to graphite. I feel that I'm growing as an artist and it's time I face my fear and stick with it.....

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad to hear you are trying colored pencils! One thing to remember when using colored pencil on Bristol Smooth is that the layers have to be very light or the color will build up quickly and not let you put as many layers on. Best of luck to you! I look foward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at it Ricky, it's going to be fantastic! Trying new things is so refreshing and energizing. No matter what the skin tones look like, you will have grown as an artist! But I know they'll be great!

    ReplyDelete